Volume 2, Number 3
October 30, 2018
In this issue:
- No spectators: All the volunteer signups in one place
- Gate hours, workers’ passes, and more
- Woodchuck Weekend: The fun, hard-working way to spend Nov. 3 and 4*
- WWW submissions now open
- The Indaba is your place
*Bob is not infallible, and previously announced the wrong dates. Woodchuck weekend is Saturday and Sunday.
First of all, I want to thank everybody who wrote to me after my last issue. Your content submissions and offers to help are much appreciated! And your questions help me figure out what I need to address in future issues. So keep those emails coming to email@example.com, and I’ll keep you in the loop on what’s happening.
We recently received the following in an email that captures how important AfterBurn is to members of our community: “I have truly found my community and my drive and my family…I am going to sign up for least one shift in every single department. Should anyone in any department need me for any reason at any time, if you see me walking by, call out or grab me and say “hey we need you, at *insert Department here*, and I will do the best that I can for whoever it is that asked me.”
100% participation: How ’bout that?
No spectators: All the volunteer signups in one place
From Mad Samurai
Tabula Rasa requires 100% participation from attendees — there are no spectators. When you get your ticket, you pledge to volunteer for a minimum of 3 hours.
What can you volunteer for? Here are the SignUp Genius links for all open AfterBurn departments.
- Welcome Home Crew: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4EA8AC29A7FF2-welcome5
- Alpha/Dirt Ranger (requires training): https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4EA8AC29A7FF2-alpha3
- Department of Cleanliness: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4EA8AC29A7FF2-department2
- Fire Safeties: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4EA8AC29A7FF2-fire1
- Perimeter: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4EA8AC29A7FF2-perimeter1
We can’t Burn without perimeter volunteers. Can you work a perimeter shift?
- Placement and Parking: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4EA8AC29A7FF2-placement
- Sanctuary/Green Dot: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4EA8AC29A7FF2-sanctuarygreen1
- Department of Public Works: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4EA8AC29A7FF2-department1
- Indaba: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4EA8AC29A7FF2-indaba
- Woodchuck Work Weekend Volunteers: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4EA8AC29A7FF2-woodchuck
- Burgers Without Orders Volunteer Sign-Up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4EA8AC29A7FF2-burgers
- Medics: If you have Medic credentials, we really need you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Gate hours, workers’ passes, and more
From the Welcome Home Crew
The Gate opens in 9 days! Are you ready? Here’s everything you need to know about Gate Entry for AfterBurn: Tabula Rasa.
Gate Hours for General Public
- Friday: 8 am – Midnight.
- Saturday: 8 am – 6 pm.
- Sunday 8 am – 7 pm. (exit only, no entry)
Do not forget your ID. The name on your ticket MUST match your ID. If you need to change the name on a ticket contact Brown Paper Tickets. (Information in Brown Paper Tickets link) You MUST print out your ticket.
About Workers’ Passes
Workers’ Passes are for early entry by approved build teams ONLY. If you have a Theme Camp or Build Crew for your art installation, you MUST send your list of requested Early Entrants to Jollyhope22@gmail.com with First and Last name and what Team/Crew. If you are not on the list for early entry, you will not be admitted on site until Regular Gate hours (above)
Volunteering with the Welcome Home Crew
If you want to volunteer for gate/greeter shifts, use the link above or contact Jolly Hope DuPuy, the Welcome Home Crew Coordinator at Jollyhope22@gmail.com. You must have at least two prior welcome home crew shifts to be a lead — contact Jolly for a Lead Shift access code (https://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=s.SignupLogin&urlid=10C0D4EA8AC29A7FF2-welcome4).
Official Gate Entry Information and Policies
For full Gate Entry information go to the website: https://burntoranges.org/events/policies/entry/#entryrequirements
Woodchuck Weekend: The fun, hard-working way to spend Nov. 3 and 4
This coming Saturday and Sunday, a whole bunch of participants will be getting a preview of the AfterBurn: Tabula Rasa site. It’s Woodchuck Weekend, and we could use your help! Bring your unique skills, tools, and work gloves and help us get ready for the Burn. Bring a tent for the weekend or come for one day. Here’s the signup: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4ea8ac29a7ff2-woodchuck.
WWW submissions now open
From the Indaba team
What interactivity is your camp offering? Let everyone know by submitting your activity to the AfterBurn: Tabula Rasa What-Where-When. The full listing will be available for download before the event and will be posted at the Indaba. The new Town Crier will also be available to promote your activities. Come to the Indaba and ask about Town Crier service.
Here’s the form to submit your WWW events: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdDo5BK1Nyw2nGzT1sZGgFeDZtcLAta3uPsy0ysaYQ8aISpFw/viewform?c=0&w=1
If you don’t have a theme camp, you can still have a scheduled event! Read on for information about holding your event in the Indaba.
The Indaba is YOUR place
The Indaba is an all-ages central gathering space for participants, with seating, shade, and information about what’s going on across the event. If you would like to offer a workshop, perform live music, hold a discussion, play board games, or do live painting, we have room for you. Email email@example.com with your idea.
Indaba Hosts will facilitate your event and help you promote it. To volunteer as a host, visit Signup Genius and choose a shift.
THE SKY IS FALLING! (I.E., TIMELY ANNOUNCEMENTS & CRITICAL LINKS)
THEME CAMP REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN
Theme camp registration is still open at https://burntoranges.org/events/participate/camps/theme-camp-registration/.
Here’s the link to tickets for AfterBurn: Tabula Rasa: https://m.bpt.me/event/3631213?fbclid=IwAR1iz6VznefzVPfyIjv8her-Ybq_EaCwEv0iJQOLtHawI142ZeV2gS1JZDM
WHAT CAN BOB DO FOR YOU?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, concerns, or submissions to the Blurb of Bob.