How to get a ticket, when its ok to arrive, what you need for us to let you in, and some things not to bring or do.
- Gate Hours: Friday 8AM to Midnight; Saturday 8AM to 6PM; Sunday: No ENTRY.
- Everyone older than 2 must have a ticket to enter the event.
- Do not show up to the event without a ticket. Tickets are not sold at the Gate.
- If you want to buy, sell, or gift a ticket, the name on the ticket must match the person using it for entry. To change the name on the ticket, call BrownPaperTickets.com at 1-800-838-3006 and select option #1 or #2.
- If tickets are still available for purchase on our website, it is frowned upon to buy or sell tickets privately with others who were not the original recipient. All ticket purchases should be sold by us until our tickets are sold out, or ticket sales are closed.
- Once tickets are no longer available to purchase on our website, private individuals can post their desire to buy or sell tickets on our Facebook group, Florida Burns Invitation Exchange. In the weeks before the event, usually some people discover they won't be able to attend, so offer their tickets thru this channel.
Worker Access Pass for Approved Build Teams Only:
- Thursday: 10 am – 10 pm. (only Core Team, Build Volunteers, and Theme Camp worker access passes)
Gate Hours for General Public:
- Friday: 8 am – Midnight.
- Saturday: 8 am – 6 pm.
- Sunday 8 am - 7 pm. (exit only, no entry)
- Keep your wristband on at all times. This proves you've been granted access into our private event, and helps us attach you to your emergency contact info.
- This is a no re-entry event. Once you choose to leave, you will not be allowed to reenter.
- Entry into the event is only available during Gate Hours. When the gate is closed, no one has permission to enter the property! Doing so is trespassing and could result in legal action or banning from future events.
- No one is allowed entry onto the property after 6 pm on Saturday.
- Monday Exodus: Departure must begin no later than 8 am, and be off property by noon.
- Worker Access Passes on Thursday: Only a limited number of members from theme camps, art installation artist, and volunteers will be approved to enter the event prior to the official date of the event. So Register Your Camp as soon as possible. Re-entry is allowed on Thursday only.
- Late Arrivals: No one is allowed entry after 6 pm on Saturday. Do not just show up at the gate expecting to get in. Do not expect to make a phone call and someone answer it. Do not jump the fence or try to sneak in; doing so is trespassing and could result in legal action or banning from future events.
- Have a ticket if older than two years old! The ticket must have your name on it, and must be purchased before arrival. There are no tickets sold at the gate. You do NOT need to have it printed, we can scan your ticket from your phone.
- Have a valid, government issued photo ID (Driver’s License, ID Card, Military ID, Passport) if 18 or older. Have your ID and ticket ready to show when you arrive.
- Have enough food, water, shelter, and other necessities to last for 3 days of primitive camping. If you forget something, you cannot leave and come back.
- Read, understand, agree to, and sign the Event Waiver. We will have Event Waivers printed out for you to complete and sign.
- Entry into the event is only available during Gate Hours.
- Any Minor under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- All vehicles are subject to search. We reserve the right to deny entry to anyone, with or without cause. Any person who is publicly or privately employed by, contracted by, or associated with any governmental, local, city, county, state, or federal law enforcement or intelligence agency may NOT enter the event unless their affiliation is announced, and must be escorted by the Event Coordinator, Ranger Coordinator, or a Burnt Oranges Board Member at all times.
- No weapons, guns, firearms, fireworks, or other explosives are allowed at the event; also no hand held lasers or trampolines.
- No pets or animals of any kind are allowed within the event.
- No vending, soliciting, advertising, or financial transactions will be tolerated.
- Do not take or share any identifying pictures, videos, recordings, or information of, nor invade the privacy of, any Participant or group without their expressed consent. Any media personnel wishing to cover the event must get prior written approval from both Black Rock City LLC and Burnt Oranges Inc, and attain all necessary releases, before entering, attending, documenting, or publicize the Event.
- All Federal, State, and Local laws still apply, even when on private land. No underage drinking, drugs, assault, violence, etc. are allowed.
- Upon arrival, follow the directions of the parking attendant and any other staff. Your vehicle may be checked for stowaways and contraband. You'll be given one hour to unload your vehicle at your campsite, then your vehicle must remained anchored in the parking lot for the remainder of your stay. Check out our Vehicle Policy, especially if you plan to bring an Art Car, trailer, camper, RV, etc.
- This is a Leave No Trace event, which means you are responsible for all your own trash and items. There are no trash cans or dumpsters at the event, so whatever you bring in, you must also bring back out. It's not ok to spit your gum out on the ground, or leave an empty cup on a random table, or throw away your soda can in another person's trash, or even drop your baby wipes or anything else into the porta potty.