Burnt Oranges exists to cultivate interactive art. Interactive art is what facilitates our ability to draw people in and encourage their inner artist while simultaneously supporting the artists already working within our community. We will be following a new model from previous years. Burnt Oranges’ current available grant funds are based on a minimum number of ticket sales.
Artists are expected to self-fund, crowd-fund, or fundraise at least 50% of your project; in some cases more. Burnt Oranges will offer support to your team – if requested – to help you fundraise any additional funds you may require. That may be brainstorming ideas for crowdfunding, creating Facebook Donate buttons for your project, or anything else we can think of together.
Here are the clear steps for the (acknowledged compressed timeline) granting process for this event:
- Have a clear concept, budget of materials, and sketch, drawings, or concept for your art. For a list of what’s covered and not covered in your budget, please see the guidelines published in 2017 here: https://burntoranges.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/BOI-Art-Grant-Line-Item-Submissions.pdf
- Fill out the form at the bottom of the page letting us know the relevant details by 10/13/2018
- The Art Grant Committee will review all requests 10/14/2018
- Art Grant recipients will be notified and required to complete the art grant agreement form here: https://goo.gl/forms/A7UdafkTOm5kyZef1
- 80% payments sent 10/15/2018 via PayPal. While receiving a check is an available option, that may delay funding by up to 5 business days. Participants requiring a check to be overnighted will furnish a prepaid Fedex/UPS sticker for their disbursement.
- Art Grant recipients will install their art starting Thursday November 8 at 9AM. Art must be installed and deemed safe for participants no later than noon Friday, November 9, 2018. Projects requiring longer installation times will have the option to start their installations during the event’s work weekend November 3 & 4, 2018.
- Art Grant recipient final payments will be issued in check format at Tabula Rasa: AfterBurn 2018 after approval from the art department confirming that artists have properly followed LNT and completed their art project plan as described.
We understand that interactive art isn’t easy. This year, we are organizing an Artist Support Team who will be available on-site to help with issues your team may not be able to handle including placement, build assistance, and ensuring your area is LNT’d properly.
As a final note, current art grant funds are based on expected ticket sales. If ticket sales exceed expectations, the Art Grant Committee, per the Board of Directors, may provide additional granted funds at their discretion.
Fill out the form below to get the process started. We highly recommend making your own local backup of any larger fields just in case lightning strikes our server while you’re filling it out.